Once you have written your book, designed your ecover and finally published it your book is going to represent you in many different ways. This is an import aspect and one that can affect your entire business model. This is the main reason why it is vital that you understand that your published books and reports become walking advertisements that never cease to promote you.
There are three main elements to your book:
Of course great content is what will help build you a wonderful fan base. In order to get to this point your book needs to have an excellent title along with an engaging and inviting ecover. Quite often authors spend a lot of time on creating their content and take the time to think about their ecovers. What they often leave to chance is their title. Unfortunately too many authors just use the first inspirational title that comes into their heads.
What you really need to do is to take the time to come up with as many title choices as possible and then go through an elimination process until you are left with one fantastic title.
Here are 6 Important Tips for Choosing Your Best Title:
- Make a list of as many different title choices as possible. Aim to describe what your book is about in your title. Write a subtitle as well if necessary.
- Select titles that make you feel good. Ask yourself if you will be happy to acknowledge that you came up with the title when questioned. Put as much effort into choosing your title as you would in naming a new baby.
- Research titles on other book sites including Kindle books, CreateSpace, Lulu and Barnes & Noble.
- Ensure that your title is descriptive and clear. Does it depict the topic of your book?
- Does your title help solve problems or does it offer a solution?
- Your title should ideally sum up your book in one complete sentence. Start off with longer sentences and then work on condensing them further.
By using the above tips you should have no problems with coming up with a fairly long list of titles. Go through each one and start crossing off those that don’t convey a message or hit home with you. Eventually you will be left with just a few choices.
Select your final choice by thinking which title really advertises your book. Which book title describes what your book is about and which one do you feel proud about?
This title should be the one that you choose and once you have made your decision it is time to start creating a great ecover for your book. Your title should now provide you with inspiration for your cover and remember to think about font style and size as well as color. Your title should be easy to read on your cover in both the regular size and as a smaller image.
Always keep in mind that your new book will be advertised in many different places both on and offline and will be working for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.